Friday, April 9, 2021

PHOTO FRIDAY - Cherry Blossom

Merry Meet, my friends!



One of my most anticipated signs of Spring is when the Cherry Blossom bush bursts with little balls of fragrant flowers. The individual flowers look similar to that of a lilac bloom but the clusters are round rather than elongated. The smell is soooo sweet. 

As the bush began to set buds, we were in for a hard freeze. I pinned a couple of sheets together then clothes-pinned them to the North and West side of the bush to protect as many of the buds as I could. We escaped the hard freeze and I was rewarded with a bush (over 8' tall) loaded with fragrant blooms. They are delicate and don't hold up well under a pelting rain so when storms were headed our way the other night, I clipped several clusters to fill small vases. I keep one by the computer when I'm working and one on my nightstand.

The Cherry Blossom is full of magical properties.
Their delicate nature inspire the future - of things ahead, found in spring they are a sign of rebirth & renewal as well as the energy of abundance 

To learn more about this Spring flower, check out THIS post.

Blessings
~Rain

 

No comments: