Wednesday, February 14, 2018

BOOKS - A Year and a Day of Everyday Witchcraft




One of the things I've struggled with is every day practice. I will be the first to admit I have lots of things going on, but that's just who I am... activity is breathing for me. With the whole job thing last year, I made a promise to myself but more importantly to the Lord and Lady that I would step up and stir the cauldron on a more regular basis this year.

I also admit that while I follow Ms Deborah Blake on social media, we've known one another on-line for years and I belong to her writing group I somehow missed the release of the book I'm showcasing today. Then I received my newest book order catalog from One Spirit and saw this book of encouragement:


This book is exactly what it says... Everyday Witchcraft 366. The book begins on January 1 and walks you through a SIMPLE task anyone can do to stay connected with the craft. The coolest thing is, that you don't have to wait for January 1 to start. You can jump in anywhere and move your way through the 'year and a day' one step at a time. 

I had thought about waiting for Summer Solstice but didn't want to put off my journey. Instead, I've chosen today. Valentine's Day, The Day of Love.. and what better way to show love of self and love of  the Goddess then open the book to February 14 and begin.



For weeks, I've been wanting to start a 'common place' book but wasn't sure what I wanted to include. A common place book has been used for centuries as a way to document and preserve things we want to remember. Whether it be quotes, life lessons, snippets of conversation that speak to us, etc.

I've chosen THIS journal by Art Loft. The book is 5.5" x 8"  and contains 110 pages heavy enough for soft mixed media such as rubber stamping or colored pencils. I've dated the pages in the first two books. Each day will use a 2-page spread. I'll include art work complimenting that day's guide. In total, I'll fill three of these journals as I progress through the book. Periodically, I plan to share how my journey is going with you.

The directive for February 14 is a directive to open your heart to love with a simple candle and meditation spell. 

So today I open my heart to Love:

Love of the Lord and Lady
Love of my husband
Love of self

Your copy of A Year and a Day of Everyday Witchcraft awaits:

AMAZON                      One Spirit

Thank you, Ms Deborah, for another way to encourage all of us to walk the path in this chaotic world.

Blessed Be

No comments: