Thursday, December 21, 2017

BLESSED YULE


My little haven is shrouded in mist this morning. Temperature is in the uppper 40s. In all, a very pleasant way to wake up on Yule. 

We've not had typical December weather this year so the prospect of this being the shortest day of the year and that from this point on our days begin to lengthen saddens me. While surrounding areas have had snow in past years, we've not seen 'measurable' snow in four years. Mother Nature seems to have flipped up her skirts. Yesterday, I found a dandelion in the yard! I fear for the lack of changes in our weather pattern. I can only pray the 2018 garden season will not suffer and leave everything in the God and Goddess' hands.

This year, I finally got to put up a Yule tree. I've wanted one in my office since the room was built but like everything else, just never seemed to get there. This year, a challenge on YouTube inspired me to craft my way to this beautiful tree.

Eclectic Kristen challenged us to decorate our tree or an area in our home for $20 or less, using items from $ Tree or dollar-only (or less) items purchased elsewhere. The tree/ lights and skirt were not included in the cost.

I purchased a 3' pre-lit tree at Walmart, then off to $ Tree I went.

Finding rustic/ yule items is not as difficult as you might think. Stags and burlap seem to be the going thing this year.

Here's a video of how the tree went together:



I also did a VIDEO on how some of the decorations came together.

I know some things didn't get finished this year. I'll be doing a post next week on what happened and how I'm changing things for a better plan in 2018.

Blessings
~Rain




No comments: