Monday, January 23, 2017

WHAT THE WEATHER?


The weather from coast to coast has been a roller coaster. Less than two weeks ago we were preparing for an ice storm - after having experienced several days in the upper 60s*. The ice wound up being nothing more than rain in my area, while other places had ice up to an inch thick or more. 

This week we've had the upper 60s* again. I spent part of yesterday outside taking pictures of projects I want to work on this year, measuring for flower beds, cleaning kennels before more rain moved in today - and it did with a vengeance - finding it hard to believe I was doing this in late January! I felt like I should be hunting Easter eggs. But then I hunted them in the snow in CO as a child so anything is possible.  We are to have a couple more above average temperature days before we start experiencing normal January weather - as we approach February. How much stock do you take in the ground hog? Personally, at the rate we are going, I'm not holding my breath for an early spring. 

But Earth Mother has a plan. Patience has never been a virtue of mine. I think she is training me. 



Speaking of spring, while out and about yesterday I saw the first nubs of the Naked Ladies, Grandma's Lillies.. whatever you call them. I didn't think to see if the crocus' were popping their little heads yet. I hope they know what they are doing. 

Thankfully, this is an odd numbered year so fruits and vegies will not produce as heartily. I take comfort in that if we do get a killing frost, I won't be out much... and that there is a reason...

Always a reason

Blessings
~Rain

No comments: