Friday, July 30, 2021

PHOTO FRIDAY - Lughnasadh

 Merry Meet, friends.

Today finds us a couple of days before Lughnasadh or Lammas. 



We celebrate the first harvest. Give thanks to the corn/ wheat (or the ingredients), ask that the breads you make be blessed.

I want to try my hand at a rough sourdough as well as a brown bread.  If I do, I'll come back and show you the results. I think the rough sourdough would be perfect dipped into Tomato Basil soup made with ingredients from my garden.  Maybe a glass of Mead to go with. hmmmm 

How will you celebrate this turn of the wheel? Need some inspiration? Check out the article, by Patti Wigington from Learn Religions   (Wigington, Patti. "Lammas History: Welcoming the Harvest." Learn Religions, Aug. 26, 2020, learnreligions.com/history-of-the-lammas-harvest-celebration-2562170.)

Blessings
~Rain


No comments: