Tuesday, October 29, 2019

SAMHAIN IS UPON US!

With only a couple days til Samhain, I am more than ready to begin a new year. I've already begun making changes in my everyday life/ activities and I'm excited for the new path...

Maybe getting back on path is a better term.

For the past couple of years I've been way off track. While taking on too many things is something I've always done, I have learned from the practice.

While it isn't taking on too many things, I've been taking on projects that require way more time than I have available. This lets the other things, things I love, get buried under the junk tht isn't really important in the grand scheme of things.


Samhain is the perfect time for a deep cleansing. 

I have a couple of brooms by my altar. This year, I decided I want to begin the preparations for making my own. In December I will thank the Birch in my yard then begin trimming away branches to cure. In the mean time, I want to deconstruct a few cinnamon brooms and fashion them into one besom.

While searching for broom-making videos, I found this informative video from HearthWitch.  Please let me know in the comments below if you have anything to add or feel she has missed the mark on.


No comments: