Monday, March 18, 2019

ANIMAL ATTRACTION!


My husband calls me Mrs. Doolittle... and for good reason. Animals are drawn to me and most do not fear me.

I show the white mouse today because my husbands favorite story to tell is one one of our trips to walmart, he watched in amazement at the antics of a little white mouse.

We had come out of the store and were walking to our truck when Bob saw a little white mouse running our direction for all he was worth.. from about two lanes over.  We stopped to watch him, curious as to what the furry little guy would do.

To more Bob's surprise than mine, the mouse ran right up to me, hopped onto the toe of my shoe and looked up at me. We watched each other for a couple of seconds, then he hopped off and went back the way he'd come. Bob still shakes his head at that one.

One of my favorites is the day I had the opportunity to see the 'cattle drive' at the Fort Worth Stockyard.

Photo courtesy of: www.texaslonghorn.com

I'd gone on a sightseeing tour as part of a group from the Romance Readers conference. We spent most of the day at the stockyards. I looked forward to the day because I promote a lot of shows in the Ft. Worth area and I wanted to sit at the infamous bar of Walker, Texas Ranger series. The White Elephant Saloon was the location for CD's Bar. I promote a lot of shows there as well.

As our group stood amongst other tourists for the afternoon drive, one very large longhorn ambled his way over to me. Mind you, he wasn't stampeding but more of a coming over to say hi. One of the cowboys got him back in line before we could have a conversation but man I really wanted to pet him!

Wildlife is abundant here on our 26 acres. I have a turtle that has been visiting us every year for the 13 years we've been here. A large family of black snakes have grown every year. We started out with King. The next year Queen moved in and we've seen multiple smaller ones every year since.

Do you have an animal story to share? I'd love to hear your experiences.

Blessings
~Rain

No comments: