Monday, February 18, 2019

A VISIT FROM THE ICE QUEEN



For the past two days we've been blessed with nature's artistry. As I walked down to the mailbox on Saturday I was amazed at how the grass had been coated in a frozen cloak. Not like a carpet, but each individual blade of grass encased in its own crystal piece of beauty. 

This afternoon, as the temperature hovered around 35* F, the sun began its descent. While ice icicles dripped, most everything still clung to the icy covering. I especially loved this picture. The small pine in the foreground reminds me of an English Sheep dog standing on its hind legs while the more mature tree watches on, its own boughs heavy with the frozen weight. 

As we look ahead to the Full Moon tonight, I see that the day is forecast to repeat, then more wintry mix moving in on Tuesday. I'm hoping that some point, we will get a glimpse of the moon. Won't seeing that glorious orb reflect off the frozen limbs a sight of pure awe?  

Here are a few more pictures of last weekends storm. 





Blessed Be
~ Rain

No comments: