Tuesday, March 27, 2018

TUESDAY TOOLS - The Altar


Still in need of a few things, but clean and presentable. This is a 2-shelf glass table I bought at Best Buy two years ago after having the studio completed. Glass, though man-made, is a composite of rock... sand, really. What can be more natural than rock, except for maybe wood.

When designing the studio (I did the floor plan myself thanks to Home Economics in the 10th grade) I knew I wanted my altar facing East. I have a beautiful 36" x 48" sliding pane window. Most days I receive an abundance of light first thing in the morning to bless the altar and the items  upon the space.

Below the table, I have an old steamer trunk that was my mothers. In fact, the jar on the back left is filled with dried roses from the day I sent her on her new-life journey, though I don't believe she has traveled far. I feel her with me often. I keep my larger, less -used items in the trunk. Everything else I keep in my vintage wardrobe. I'll be showing that lovely find soon.


No comments: