Monday, June 1, 2015

HOUSE CLEANING and GARDENING


Courtesy of Stockfree Images.com
::: unlocking door and brushing cobwebs aside :::

Wow! I've really let this place go! I didn't mean to. Honest. Life. 

I spent January getting the business stuff caught up and on track so I could begin integrating the 'me' stuff into the planner.  Then on February 13th (yep, a Friday), my hubby had carpal tunnel surgery and was home for 9 weeks. While he isn't one to encrouch on what I do, I did limit my time to immediate work and put everything aside to spend with him. You will always here me say, Bob comes first in my life. I am a strong believer that you never know what the next minute brings... and I don't want to miss a single one with him. 

So after he went back to work in late April, I sat about bringing my business up to speed as best I could, just in time for an 18-day trip through Texas. I returned home the night before he was to go back out on the boat... and I've been playing catch up ever since.
Okay, maybe not right away. I took the first week to veg, rest up from the trip and get some of my shows off the DVR. Then I spent last week getting the blog stuff in order so I could take the world by storm.... before my in-laws arrive on June 11th. Yep.. the world just keeps spinning LOL

One of the most important things I did prior to my Texas trip was get the garden up and running. I am in love with the Strawbale Gardening concept. Our ground here is just not condusive to planting in the ground unless you want to kneel on a rock every time you get down to weed/ pick. 

I've gotten my sister involved and we've joined a Facebook group

After the 4 test bales last year with the tomato plants, I have gone full force this year. 

I have a horseshow of 115 bales plus the tomato row from last year has grown to 8 bales. I have 6 bales flanking an old swing set frame covered in chicken wire for the peas and 2 other bales for container sweet corn and spaghetti squash. I have a bale with a trellis for snow peas.

The main bed


I broke the tomato bales from last year down and layered them around the base of two Garden trellis'.

Peas
I also have seven stacks of tires: 2 each Red and White and 3 for Sweet Potatoes. I've used the tire method the past two years with success.


These were all taken in the beginning stages. Next week I'll share an 'OOPS' with you courtesy of my loving husband and updated pics of how things are growing.

Blessings!
~Rain




No comments: