Wednesday, July 15, 2020

MINDFULNESS & MEDITATION



While in a crafting chat yesterday I was reminded of something we all really need to do... slow down! I don't know about you but I seem to be constantly playing catch-up.

Today, for instance.

I've known since last Saturday what my blog schedule would be for the next three months. Yet here I am half way through Wednesday and finally posting.  Never mind that I totall never got to Monday or Tuesday. They will return next week, the energies willing.

I picked up this box set last fall at five below opened the box when I got home, bookmarked the on-line meditations link... then never looked at the product again. Geez!

When you think about their motto,  Let go - Have Fun you can see I pretty much missed that base as well.

The deck includes 2 types of cards as well as a card with the on-line guided meditation link and a video masterclass

The purple set of cards are for Affirmations.  I'll talk about today's draw in a minute

The sage set of cards are Quotes to Meditate On.

So this week, I am starting quiet time.

This week's card is:

ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD

To insure I stay focused, I'm propping this card up on my cell phone holder where I will see the Affirmation first thing every morning when I sit down to my desk, as well as periodically throughout the day.

Next, each Wednesday I will share the Quote to Meditate on. This one I plan to journal on... which will bring me to another post tomorrow or Friday.

Today's meditation comes from The Four Immeasurable Thoughts:

How wonderful it would be if all sentient beings
were to live in equanimity, free of hatred and attachment!

How wondeful it would be if all sentient beings
had happiness and the causes of happiness!

How wonderful it would be if all sentient beings
wer free of suffering and its causes!

How wonderful it would be if all sentient beings
were never separated from the 
happiness of higher rebirth and liberation!

In our current state of things, I found it enlightening that this would be the first card I pulled for this practice.

Do you meditate? What do you use for meditation? I'd love to hear your thoughts on what you use and on this week's draw.

Blessings
~Rain



No comments: