Monday, September 17, 2018

BEGINNING TO SEE THE LIGHT


This picture could easily have been taken on my property. If not for the autumn spiders building their webs across every path, I'd take a walk. I'm beginning to not only see the light but feel the call of the new cycle. I am so ready to start fresh.

The time I needed has been productive. Thank you for your patience while I hid in my corner and wrote like a mad woman. An Ozarks Christmas is uploaded to Kindle and KPD. I just need the final proof them I can set the Pre-order and Release dates. I am so excited to be releasing this book of my heart in Eureka Springs AR on October 11th.

There is still a lot to do. I didn't get Jayson's Range completed but I have enough to at least tell the editor what I want from the western series and see if she's willing to work with me or if I'll be indie-publishing that one, too. I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket and the goal I have for that series I'm not sure I can accomplish on my own. A chat with her is important.

The only other part of that original deadline is the companion workbook for the talk I will be giving at the Ozarks Creative Writers Conference. SOCIAL MEDIA - Choosing Your Top 3. There is no way I can cover every thing in 35 min with 10 min of Q & A so I'm building a companion workbook to sell at the conference. A bit of instant income, if you will. So that is one of my projects for this week.

The other is to get the house detailed and Autumn decor up. We have family coming when I need visitors the least LOL

If I'm lucky, Bob will be home around the 26th in time to celebrate my birthday and give us a couple of days of just 'us' before the throng arrives. Bob's youngest brother/ wife arrive on the 28th and will be here until the 1st. His mom and her husband arrive on the 29th and will be here until the 7th... 3 days before I have to leave.

So yeah... a bit crazy here yet, but at least I'm not feeling as pressured/ stressed.

BEAR
2002 -2018

Aside from the craziness, two weeks ago I had to take some time away from the book to spend quality time with my Great Pyrenees/ Chow as he wandered through the final days of battling cancer. Losing my Bear has been hard. The vet and I sat on the floor with him as he walked over the bridge, pain-free for the first time in months.

Age catches up with each of us... whether we be animal or human. Enjoy every minute of your  journey and envelope yourself with loved ones.

Blessings
~Rain


No comments: