Wednesday, October 1, 2014

GETTING ARTSY Part 2


After this post, I'll be sharing the Altered Playing Card Challenge (APCC) on Mondays. But I wanted to bring you up to speed on the project.

When I first started this project I knew there would be a recurring theme but wasn't sure what that common thread would be. After seeing Claudine's first challenge I knew I wanted to do a 'educational' deck on the Practice.

While enjoying some unexpected downtime at my favorite coffee house yesterday I did some research. I used the following books as my benchmark:

SEASONS OF WITCHERY By Ellen Dugan
EVERYDAY WITCH BOOK OF RITUALS By Deborah Blake
EVERYDAY WITCH - A TO Z By Deborah Blake

The Deck will include the following cards:
13 Esbat
12 New Moons
8 Sabbats
4 Elements
3 Maiden/ Mother/ Crone
1 Each:
   Altar
   Besom
   Candle
   Cauldron
   Challice
   Familiars
   Libra (my sign)
   Numbers
   Passing
   Power of 3
   Rede
   Wheel
 
As I made my notes about associative colors, stones, tools, etc. some things began clicking with me - confirming this is the project I was meant to take on at this point. Perfect as I approach the New Year. Can you believe Samhain is one month away? I'll be talking more about my celebration in the coming weeks.

Creative Blessings!
~ Rain

No comments: