Monday, September 22, 2014

MABON

As I write this, there are three hours and nineteen minutes left of summer. I am so ready for fall.  Autumn is my favorite time of year. Mabon - the second harvest - is right on time. For the past couple of weeks I've been picking the last of the tomatoes - all green. Most are Celebrity Girl... the perfect size for slicing and putting into pint jars.

Thanks to simple canning, I'll be enjoying fried green tomatoes through to the next complete turn of the wheel.

I figure I have one more picking this week then the vines will be pulled and added to the compost pile to begin their own cycle of life.

There are some changes in the works here in our little haven. I keep hoping to be blogging more regular then life throws me something. But I am determined that with Samhain just around the corner, things will be different because of the changes.

Blessings
~Rain


No comments: