Monday, January 16, 2017

Blessed Walk into 2017!


For the past six weeks I've been doing exactly what the planner suggests. I've been enjoying things like finally taking the time to put the studio in order, pitch some stuff and create cards. As soon as I get an even flow going between my Stampin' Up business and the Marketing Director position I have for Saddlebag Dispatches magazine and Oghma Creative Media, I hope to be doing more personal crafting. Putting my BOS together is first on my list and I also have a couple of needlework projects I want to work on, finally.

We had some spring-like days last week. We even hit 70* a couple of days. I worked around the yard a bit but knew it was too early to disturb ground covers and such. It is still January, after all. This week we've had sleet, ice, cold rains and foggy mists. Wednesday they have us forecast for 60's again.

For now, I'm enjoying the little things outside, such as getting an idea of where I want to plant things come spring, watching my chubby little chipmunk widen the opening to his burrow so he can fit through the hole after he's stuffed his cheeks full of peanuts and sunflower seeds. I swear, he is right out of a Chip & Dale cartoon. Chip is good sized... equivalent to a small Guinea Pig. Then there are the squirrels, the two varieties of woodpeckers and a myriad of bird species.

Last week I made homemade suet cakes.


The critters seem to really like them. The first morning they were all fighting over one small feeder even though I had them hung in two other places around the yard.

If you want the full details on how I made them, please visit my Ozarks Journal blog. 

I start my real job today so getting regular posts here will take awhile. I have a couple for this week, then we'll see how things fair next week as that will follow Bob's first week home. And so it begins....

Blessings
~Rain

No comments: