The bare bones were a gift from a local greenhouse owner/ friend.
Actually, I got the seed tables - 4 each 10' long and the PVC tubing about two years ago. That fall Bob leveled the ground, set in 8x8 timbers with large spikes (those ties aren't going anywhere!) then drilled holes evenly spaced apart to hold the PVC tubing. Then he cut the tubes in the top center, added shorter pieces with connectors. This created a solid frame across the top to stabilize the over-all frame.
For the past year and a half, the frame was covered with a tarp and used to house the wood splitter and the four wheeler while I kept my eyes open for used storm doors. Used ones are easy to find... it's finding them with the screens and windows still intact that created the problem. I finally found 2 complete doors this summer for $15 each!
So while my MIL was here visiting with her husband Dick, he and Bob spent two days creating the end caps. Yes, they're square for a Quonset-style shape. (don't ask lol) I lost track of how many tractor buckets of pea gravel we dumped into there. I do know the floor base is about 4"-5" thick and the overall area is 24'x10'.
We purchased a 100' roll of greenhouse grade plastic at Menards. We stretched out the length we needed, then DOUBLED it for extra durability.
That's a lot of plastic! But it created this lovely tunnel...
And this is what I have to work with:
and the garden shed I've always wanted. (Picture coming soon)
And yes, that is my real life Hero. He is just the sweetest man you could ask to be married to. I thank the God and Goddess every day for bringing us together almost thirty years ago.